Sunday, November 30, 2008

The woman I'm thinkin' of, she loved me all up, but I'm so down today...

Out on the weekend

For those of you that didn't already know, the SF Bay Area is quite a place, a truly eclectic mix of just about any and everything you could think of and I feel pretty fortunate to have called this place home for almost all of my life.

So I've decided to share my Sunday ramblings with you all today in my little corner of the World. First stop, Fart and Sminal, (okay, well, it's REALLY Smart and Final, but that's nowhere near as much fun to say!) a great place to find stuff in semi-bulk quantities with shorter lines than COSTCO fer sure! Found this sign, and thought it was GOOD advice!








Next stop... the Farmer's Market and I'd like a cup of Kona coffee with a little attitude if ya don't mind!















Let's see what else the Farmer's Market has to offer today... YOW! Buddha's Hand!









And what would it be without a little local entertainment? This gal plays at both of the markets I go to on the weekends (along with a number of other minstrels) She's from South Africa and is legally blind, has a great voice and enjoys performing for kids a lot. She asks their names and customizes standard folk tunes especially for them. Right now she's saving up her donations to fund a trip to see her 84 year old Father in SA. =)









After gathering up a good stash of local Fuyu and Hayachia persimmons, Arkansas Black apples, a jug of cider, some pizza crusts, and that great coffee... time to take a pilgrimage to Berkeley for a dose of fixin' whatever ails you.





















But on the way, a stop at a very somber sight that everyone should pay honor to... the number on this sign never ceases to amaze me, and the gravity of the number of crosses representing our fallen men and women in this current tragedy weighs heavily.











And to end the day on a bit of a brighter note, what could be better than a Canadian Sock Monkey Aviator's hat??


Hope you had some fun stompin' around the Bay Area with me =)

No comments: